Tuesday, April 27, 2010

YEAH BABY!


So we have a bun in the oven! Talk about starting a new CHAPTER---whoa!! (I know this isn't news to most of you, but I promise to be better at updating this blog). AJ and I are so very excited to share with the world what's been going on in our lives over the past few months. In the spring--much to our surprise--we found out we were expecting. SURPRISE! You see, we were planning on starting this journey a little later, but the big guy upstairs had bigger plans for us. Once the shock wore off and we had some time to wrap our heads around what was in store for us, we couldn't be happier!

I have been so blessed to have had the "perfect" pregnancy so far. At the beginning, I was in complete denial that I was even pregnant. I kept reading online about all of the early pregnancy signs (which I had none), so after a few weeks I was starting to get concerned. If I was pregnant I thought I should be on a hormonal roller coaster, having morning sickness, severe fatigue, etc. But I felt totally normal. At 8 weeks, we decided to visit the doc to see what was really up. The nurse practitioner recommended an early ultrasound to make sure everything was normal. After all, having pregnancy symptoms (even the not-so-fun ones) is a healthy sign that your body is producing good levels of progesterone to support a little bambino.

Sure enough everything checked out great! Seeing a little teeny tiny baby on the screen and hearing his heart beat for the first time was truly the most amazing thing I've ever wittnessed! I still tear up thinking about the first time I saw him. He looked just like a little gummy bear! Most people don't get to see their babies this early. They change so much every day in the beginning. Here is a pic of the little guy at at 8 weeks. You can see his head and body, and the little buds will soon be his hands and feet. The white circle is the yolk sac (this was pretty cool to see..most people never see this). This is what he feeds off of before the placenta is formed. The black is the amniotic fluid. Right now he's about the size of a kidney bean--so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment