Monday, November 8, 2010

36 week update

Just a few more weeks to go! Our due date is December 3rd, and I pray I don't go too much over that. I'm getting a little restless at night, which in turn makes me tired during the day. Other than that, I can't complain. We see our doctor weekly now, and next week I think she'll do an ultrasound to make sure he is head down.

AJ and I have been busy trying to get ourselves prepared for parenthood. We've been reading everything we can get our hands on, taking classes--childbirth prep, breastfeeding, and natural childbirth, and soliciting advice. We're so blessed to have such generous friends and family who have showered us with gifts for baby Anthony. We're all set with baby gear. My mom has been especially helpful in getting us ready. I really don't know what I would have done without her help...I would be lost! We have his room almost ready, just some finishing touches and organizing. I still need to wash some more of his clothes. Question for the moms..is baby laundry detergent really necessary? I buy laundry detergent that is already free of dyes and fragrances for our clothes, and I would like to think this would be fine for Anthony, too. Trying to do things the right way as a first time mom, I went ahead and bought a couple of huge jugs of baby detergent..but it cost more than twice as much as regular detergent! Just curious what other moms out there do.

Next thing on the to-do list: start packing for the hospital!

1 comment:

  1. hey, sarah...congrats to you! that's so exciting. can't wait to see pics of the little guy once he's here. about detergent...i NEVER used it. i just used regular stuff. i think it's only neccessary when there is a skin condition like eczema. good luck!

    ReplyDelete