Monday, January 10, 2011

One Month Old





It's hard to believe Anthony is one month old already! He weighed 10 pounds 14 ounces and measured 22.5 inches long at his 1 month check-up. He's growing so fast!

I have a new found respect for all parents. Adjusting to parenthood has gone pretty well so far, no major bumps in the road. However, no one understands how hard it really is until experiencing it themselves. Caring for a newborn is HUGE. Anthony has made things pretty easy for us. He had no problem latching, isn't too fussy, is healthy, and tries so hard to be good. I think I've been spoiling him though. Like right now, he's sleeping on my lap as I sit here typing this. I seem to be doing all of the things I swore I would never do as a new mom...he still sleeps in our room most nights, I broke down and gave him a pacifier about a week ago, I hold him way too much, I rock him to sleep, I feed on-demand, the list goes on. Oh well. Sleep deprivation got the best of me. I forget what it's like to sleep like a normal person. Anthony wants to eat every 2-3 hours; that's all we do. I started pumping a couple of weeks ago, so AJ's now able to help with some feedings. AJ came down with a terrible case of the flu, so Anthony and I stayed with my parents for the last few days...and I got spoiled! My mom and dad changed diapers, held him and entertained him, and Mom took over on all of the early morning feeding shifts from 3:30AM on. Dad cooked amazing meals like always. Last night I came home and back to reality. I've been reading Baby Wise, and am hoping to get him on a schedule soon. According to this book, he should be sleeping through the night by 7-9 weeks. Can any moms out there vouch for this?

Anyway, just wanted to give y'all a quick update. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this beautiful white winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment